The History of Dalry Angling Association.
The club was formed in 1930. On 8th May, that year a meeting was called in Dalry Town Hall to consider a letter from the Hon Henry Mountjoy Upton of The Holm, Balmaclellan offering Moss Roddick and the River Ken from Dalry to Boat Knowe as fishing grounds, to the people of Dalry and Balmaclellan, recommending that an Association be formed, rules drawn up and the same submitted to him for approval. As a result, a Committee was formed the first Constitution and 100 Membership cards were printed.
WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT THE PLANTATION OF LARCH BORDERING THE A713 AND EARLSTOUN DAM HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THE DREADED LARCH DISEASE.
THE TREES WILL BE FELLED BY THE FORESTRY COMMISSION WHO RECOMMEND THAT THE AREA BECOMES OUT OF BOUNDS.
Fly Fishing in the 1930